The Heroic Age
All texts are in Latin, except where otherwise indicated.
1. Cambridge University Library Hh.1. 4. 1618.7, ff. 89b-97b. Listed in (1858) A Catalogue of the Manuscripts preserved in the Library of the University of Cambridge. 5 vols. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, III: 239.
2. Cambridge University Library Hh.IV. 13. 1669.9, ff. 102b-111. Listed CUL Cat. III: 297.
3. Corpus Christi College G. 17 (i). Listed in James, M.R.(1912) A Descriptive Catalogue of the Manuscripts in the Library of Corpus Christi College, Cambridge. 2 vols. Cambridge: CUP, II: 403, no. 469.
4. Gonville and Caius C M A 1137, 18 b. Listed in James, M.R. (1906) A Descriptive Catalogue of the Manuscripts in the Library of Gonville and Caius College, Cambridge. 2 vols. Cambridge: CUP, I: 245, no. 210.
5. Pembroke 25, 90, ff. 82-97. Edited by Cross, J.E. (1981) Cambridge Pembroke College Ms.25, King's College London Medieval Series I, London, 160.
6. Peterhouse 203.8, 129b-136. Listed in James. M.R. (1899) A Descriptive Catalogue of the Manuscripts in the Library of Peterhouse, Cambridge. Cambridge: CUP, 239.
7. Peterhouse 207.18. Listed in Schenkl, H.(1891) Bibliotheca Patrum Latinorum Britanniae. 10 vols. Vienna, III: 74, no. 2689.
8. Peterhouse 246, I. 28, ff. 150b-152b. Listed in James, (1899) as above, 300.
9. Trinity 0.2.29. 8, ff. 92-104a. Listed in James, M.R. (1902) The Western Manuscripts in the Library of Trinity College, Cambridge. 4 vols. Cambridge: CUP, III: 122, no. 1133.
10. St John's 153.2, f.61. Listed in James, M.R. (1913) A Descriptive Catalogue of the Manuscripts in the Library of St John's College, Cambridge. Cambridge: CUP, 186.
11. Trinity College 312.20, ff. 73-9. Listed in Colker, M.L. (1991) A Descriptive Catalogue of the Medieval and Renaissance Latin Manuscripts in Trinity College Library, Dublin. 2 vols. Trinity College Dublin: Scolar Press, I:624.
12. Durham Cathedral Library B. 3.8, Item 5. Listed in Schenkl XIX: 95, no. 4427
13. Edinburgh New College Med. 3, art 3. Listed in Kristeller, P.O. (1989) Iter Italicum, 5 vols. London, IV: 19b; Laing, J. (1868) A Catalogue of the Printed Books and Manuscripts in the Library of the New College, Edinburgh, Edinburgh, 935-37; Ker, N.R. (1977) Mediaeval Manuscripts in British Libraries. 4 vols. Oxford: Clarendon Press, II: 532-34.
14. National Library of Scotland, Rat. 1 Patristica 1080, ff. 1-11. (Originally Fort Augustus). Listed by Ker, (1977) as above, II: 849.
15. Hunterian Museum Ms. 114.1, ff. 1-22. Listed in Young, J. and Henderson Aitken, P. (1908) A Catalogue of the Mss in the Library of the Hunterian Museum in the University of Glasgow, Glasgow, 115.
16. Hereford Cathedral Library P.1.1.5, ff. 11-15. Listed in Mynors, R.A.B. and Thomson, R.M. (1993) Catalogue of the Mss of Hereford Cathedral Library, Cambridge: Brewer, 64.
17. Lincoln Cathedral Chapter Ms 77 A (3.4) art 2, ff. 47-50. Listed in Thomson, R.M. (1989) Catalogue of Mss in the Lincoln Cathedral Chapter Library Woodbridge: Brewer, 55.
18. Codex Lambethani 378 I. art. 2.(Originally from Lanthony) Listed in James, M.R. (1932) A Descriptive Catalogue of the Mss in the Library of Lambeth Palace Cambridge: CUP, 521.
19. BL Add. Ms 62129.(From Fountains Abbey). Listed in Kristeller, IV: 83b; (1994) The British Library Catalogue of Additions to the Manuscripts, New Series 1981-85. Part II, Index. London: The British Library, 377.
20. BL Add. Ms 2275 ff. 205-7. Listed in Kristeller IV: 55a.
21. BL Arundel Ms 181. Listed in (1846) The Arundel Mss. A Catalogue of Mss in the British Museum, New Series Part I London, 49.
22. BL Harley 3395. Listed in Kristeller IV: 178a; Watson, A.G. (1979) Catalogue of Dated and Datable Manuscripts c 700-1600, in the Department of Manuscripts, The British Library. 2 vols. London: British Museum Publications, I: 141, n. 801.
23. Royal 5.F.X, art. 5, ff.80b-93b. Listed in Warner, G.F. and Gilson, J.P. (1921) Catalogue of Western Manuscripts in the Old Royal and King's Collections. 4 vols. London, I: 123.
24. Royal 8.D.VIII, art. 29, ff. 124b-131. (Belonged to Lanthony New Priory). Listed in Warner and Gilson, as above, I: 247
25. Royal 5.E.IV, f.87b. Listed in Kristeller IV: 194b; Warner and Gilson, I: 113;
26. Royal 8.F.V, art. 4, f. 63. (Belonged to Augustine Abbey of Bristol). Listed in Kristeller IV: 195a; Warner and Gilson I: 263-4.
27. Royal 7.D.XVII, art. 14, ff. 242b-247b. (Belonged to Carthusian monastery of Sheen, Surrey). Listed in Warner and Gilson I: 190.
28. Royal 8.F.XIV, art. 17, ff. 157-61. (Belonged to Bury St Edmunds). Listed in Warner and Gilson I: 271.
29. Royal 7.C.I, art. 27, f. 430. (Belonged to Ramsey Abbey). Listed in Warner and Gilson II: 176.
30. Royal 7.D.XXI, art. 5, ff. 127-133b. Listed in Warner and Gilson I: 191.
31. Bodley Ms.Hatton 76 A, ff. 55-67. (Old English). Listed in Ker, N.R. (1957) Catalogue of Mss Containing Anglo-Saxon Oxford: Clarendon Press, 388, no. 328A, art. 2.
32. Bodley 800, ff. 91-99. Listed in Madan, F., Craster, H.H.E. and Denholm Young, N. eds. (1937) A Summary Catalogue of Western Manuscripts in the Bodleian Library at Oxford. 7vols. Oxford, I: 476, no. 2658.2
33. Bodley Ms Hatton 97, f. 52-62. Listed in Summary Catalogue, as above, II: 826, 4070.4.
34. Junius 68, transcript of text in Hatton 76. Listed in Summary Catalogue II: 979, no. 5179.
35. Ballard 58, transcript of text in Hatton 76. Listed in Summary Catalogue, III: 166, no. 10844.
36. Merton College E.1.4. Listed in Powicke, F.M. (1931) The Mediaeval Books of Merton College, Oxford Oxford, no. 1216.
37. Winchester Cathedral and Chapter Ms. 14, art.3, ff. 40-9. Listed in Ker, (1977) Mediaeval Manuscripts in British Libraries IV: 591.
38. Worcester Cathedral Library F.75.9, f. 115. Listed in Floyer, J.K. Catalogue of Manuscripts Preserved in the Chapter Library of Worcester Cathedral, rev. and ed. Hamilton, S.G.(1906) Worcester Historical Society, Oxford, 37.
39. Worcester Cathedral Library Q.27.11, f. 222. Listed in Floyer and Hamilton, as above, 122.
|Return to Table of Contents||Next||Return to homepage|